At Above the Rest Document Services, we prepare legal documents for clients in a range of California legal matters, from adoption to divorce to wage garnishments. We will provide you with the forms and information that you need to represent yourself, prepare the appropriate legal documents for you, and even file them at the local courthouse. If you require an attorney or should need legal advice, we can refer you to a lawyer who meets your needs.

Our Services


If an adoption is uncontested, you may be able to represent yourself for a fraction of the cost of hiring a lawyer. This is most often the case in stepparent adoptions, where the biological parent’s rights have been terminated or where the biological parent agrees to the adoption, and in adult adoptions. We can prepare the necessary documents.

Child Support & Custody Papers

Child custody and support is often hotly contested, whether through the divorce process or when an unmarried couple splits. If you are seeking an initial custody and/or support order, or a modification of existing orders, we can work with you to help you achieve your goals. This includes helping you prepare your declaration, which is a statement of facts specific to your situation, and a child support calculation also known as a Dissomaster.

Divorce Documents 

Getting a divorce in California does not necessarily mean that you need to hire a lawyer. If you choose to represent yourself, we can help you file a petition for dissolution (divorce) or separation. We can also assist you with mediation to resolve your divorce amicably, without the time and added expense of going to court.  When both parties are in agreement, we can prepare the necessary Stipulated Judgment at your direction and submit it to the court.


In California, you may be eligible to have a criminal conviction removed (expunged) from your record if you meet certain criteria. Under recent changes to California law, there are a number of new crimes eligible for expungement.  The process involves filing a petition in the court where you were convicted. We will assist you with the appropriate forms and documents.

Living Trusts

 There are a number of tax and financial benefits to establishing a trust. A living trust allows you to place some or all of your assets into a trust. When you pass away, those assets automatically pass to your named beneficiaries. We will work at your direction to draft a living trust package that meets both your needs and the needs of your loved ones.


If you are involved in a family court matter, there may be a number of court orders in place in your case. You may be able to modify those orders if there has been a substantial change in your circumstances, such as losing your job and being unable to afford your current rate of child support. We can assist you with modifications to your child custody, support, or other court orders.

Name Changes 

Both minors and adults may seek a name change under California law. Doing so requires you to follow specific steps, starting with filing the right forms with your local courthouse. You must also publish a notice of your proposed name change for a specified period of time, and then file a decree of name change. For minors, there may be additional steps to take if one parent does not consent to the name change. We will help you with the forms and legal documents necessary to change your name.


 Family Law Responses must be filed within the time prescribed by law. A failure to respond to these requests may result in severe consequences, affecting your rights. If you have been served in a family law matter, we can help you prepare the necessary legal documents to respond at your direction.

Small Claims

 In California, if you have a dispute with a person or business over a fairly small amount (up to $5,000), it can be settled in small claims court. While small claims court is less formal than other courts, it still requires you to comply with certain deadlines and fill out specific forms. Whether you are seeking to file a claim against someone else or must defend yourself against a small claim, we are here to help. We will draft the necessary legal documents.

Summary Dissolutions

 Divorce can be an expensive and time-consuming process. If you meet certain criteria, you may qualify for a much quicker and easier form of dissolution, known as summary dissolution. You may be eligible if you have been married for less than 5 years, don’t share children, and have few debts and assets. Representing yourself in a summary dissolution is far more straightforward than in other types of divorce proceedings. We will work at your direction to make sure that you have filed the correct documents and forms to start and complete the process.

Support Calculations

 In California, child support and spousal support payments are determined using guidelines set out by the law. These guidelines take a number of factors, such as the amount of custody that each person has, their income, and the needs of the child. If you are involved in child custody and/or support proceedings, we can help you determine the appropriate amount of support for your case. We can also prepare documents to petition for child support, or to modify an existing order of support.

Unlawful Detainers (Evictions)

 In order to evict a tenant, landlords must follow a specific process known as an unlawful detainer action. The landlord must provide notice to the tenant of 3, 30, or 60 days before moving forward with an eviction. Our team can assist you with determining the correct notice, drafting it, and serving it. We help both landlords and tenants in eviction proceedings, from filing an unlawful detainer action to defending against a wrongful eviction.

Visitation Documents

Visitation is often used to describe the time that a noncustodial parent spends with their child or children.  Whether you want to establish initial visitation or to modify an existing visitation order, we can assist you with the appropriate paperwork and forms.

Wage Garnishments

 A wage garnishment (sometimes referred to as an income withholding order) is a court order that directs an employer to withhold money from your paycheck. This money will then be sent directly to a creditor.  We can assist with wage garnishment orders in family law cases and other matters. These documents can be filed at the court where a judgment was entered or is being entered. At Above the Rest Document Services, we offer expert quality document preparation services at affordable prices. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to help you achieve your goals.

To learn more, reach out to us today at 909-238-1363 or to discuss your matter.